Wednesday, September 10, 2014

C4T #1

Building a Vibrant Reading Program
I was assigned to read Jabiz Raisdana's blog post Building a Vibrant Reading Program. She began to start reading the same books as her students and quickly became involved with young adult fiction. She had stated she was "on the right track" and "had some classroom routines to establish." I absolutely loved her idea and can not wait to start using this technique in my classroom. I thought they were very unique, and I hope my students will be more interested in reading as her students were. I thought the book articles are brilliant, and I hope it helps my students find books they are interested in than the ones we pick out for them or make them read.

The second post I read was by Jabiz Raisdana called Well-Versed in Books. In this article, Jabiz talks about YA Literature and reading what your students are reading. She stated "I owe it to the kids I teach to be well-versed in both the books they love and the books I can find for them to love." I could not agree more. It takes me back to the first post where I stated it helps students find books they are interested in. Both of these post were absolutely wonderful, and I can not wait to start using Jabiz's techniques in my future classroom. I have learned so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment