Sunday, October 19, 2014

Blog Post #10


Little Kids...Big Potential

In this video, the kids talked about how much they loved blogging and how it improves their work. We have done a blog post on positive peer reviewing, and at the beginning of this video a kid mentioned to always say nice things so you do not hurt other peoples feelings. That is a good point to keep in mind! As teachers, I am sure we will experience a situation like this one day in our classroom.

Interviewing with Mrs. Cassidy

Dr. Strange asked us to watch all of his interviews with Mrs. Cassidy. She has been involved for awhile, even with her first graders. Technology has been very effective for me and is the importance of our EDM 310 class. Mrs. Cassidy mentioned in her videos that she SMARTboards and blogging. Once again, blogging is such a common, powerful technology tool that fulfills the excitement our kids have to learn. I plan on using both SMARTboard and blogging in my classroom because I want my kids to enjoy learning and be excited to learn and use our technology tools. I do not know why, but kids love SMARTboards. It is easier for them to concentrate more when you as a teacher are doing something they like too, and they can play on it for certain activities. They really liked getting involved, especially with technology. I has never heard of blogging until I entered EDM 310, but it has helped me in so many ways, and I believe my students will definitely benefit from it just as much as I have. In the first video, some of the kids had mentioned blogging has helped them with their writing skills, reading skills, and they get to interact with other people and read their comments. Mrs. Cassidy has done such a great job with introducing technology to the first graders. Having them learn and use technology while they are young, will help them become more advanced with technology as they become older.

Image of a sign that says blog with a lady bug and flower

2 comments:

  1. Good.
    "that she SMARTboards and blogging"--she uses
    "I has never heard of blogging until"--had

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, what impediments might you face and how would you address them?

      Delete