Wednesday, October 8, 2014

C4T #2


Blogging in the Literacy Classroom by Kathleen Morris

She states, “The concept of literacy education has changed as technology has evolved. It is no longer enough to teach students how to read books and write on paper.” In our EDM 310 class, Dr. Strange has told us this repeatedly. At first, I thought he was completely wrong, but the more I do my blog assignments, the more I learn he is right. In this blog, Mrs. Morris has really opened my eyes to how influential blogging really is. Throughout the blog, she talked about creating digital portfolios instead of journals. I thought that was an excellent idea! As technology becomes more advanced, we as teachers have to keep up and be able to teach with today's technology to keep our students interested. Blogging is a fun, useful way for both technology and literacy integration to become a student motivator. Mrs. Morris has been blogging with her students for six years. She knows exactly what it takes to keep her students enthused to learn. She is more than an inspiration to me and all of the future educators out there. Her blogs are very rewarding and you will learn so many new techniques involving today's technology in your classroom. If you have not read her blog, I strongly encourage you to do so.

Image of a sign that says blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment