Thursday, October 9, 2014

Implications and Teaching Opportunities for Camera Use in Teaching Learning


44 Smart Ways to Use Smartphones in Class

I got my first phone, which was a flip phone, when I was thirteen. My parents bought it for me for emergencies and I always stayed after school for cheer practice. At first, I only used it to call my friends, but then texting become really popular. I wanted to be cool so I started using the Internet for MySpace, which is super old now. I ended up with a $1,300 phone bill and got my phone taken away for two full weeks. I thought I was literally going to die, but at least I got it back. I got my first smartphone, a Droid Razor, but then later switched to the phone I still have iPhone 5 (but I can upgrade to the 6 in December). My phone is always in my hand, always! I do not leave it anywhere, it is my prize possession. I use it for texting, calling, keep up with all of my social media, the Internet, to cover up awkward moments, everything! I do not believe phones should be banned from the classroom; however, there should certainly be a limit.

There are many benefits for allowing your students to use their cell phones in class. There are several schools that cannot afford computers or iPads for every student in the classroom and the library can only hold so many. Allowing students to use their cell phones for research or other projects would be beneficial to them, the teacher, and the students who do not have cell phones could use the other sources provided.

This day in age, all smartphones have cameras. Everyone has to capture the perfect moment and post it to all have their social media. Once again, having a camera on your phone can be very beneficial and make learning fun for your students. For example, when your learning about different plants or insects, you can have your students go outside and take pictures.

Image of Smartphones

No comments:

Post a Comment