Tuesday, November 25, 2014

C4T Summary #4


I commented on Larry Ferlazzo's blog. He post a new blog every day, several times a day. It was hard to go back and find the specific post that I commented on because there are so many that have been posted since then, but Mr. Ferlazzo does a great job keeping up with the latest news and involving familiar social media sites such as Twitter in his blogs.

I really like Julie Reuter's blog Student PLN's. I added her as a resource for my personal PLN. She introduces PLN's to younger students which I believe is a great idea because they can start building their PLN's from an early age. She had the fifth graders help the first graders which I thought was really sweet. When little kids work with bigger kids they look up to them, have fun with it, and learn so much more. It is very important that we have people to learn from, and I explained that I have learned to much from Dr. Strange in EDM 310. She seems really fun and very positive, and I really enjoyed reading her blogs.

This week I commented on Mrs. Sharon Davison's blog A Celebration of Learning. She is a Kindergarten teacher and finds creative ways to keep her students families involved in the classroom. For example, one parent could not make it so she used FaceTime and the student were able to virtually share her work through the phone. There are several creative ways to keep the parents involved, and it is very important they see what their students are learning in the classroom. Mrs. Davison states, "Bringing families together to celebrate and connect is what is important. Learning is for everyone."

Image that says get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment